7 Quick Facts About Flood Damage and How to Better Protect Your Home and Business.
The massive flood damage around the Birmingham metro area on April 7th, 2014 caught many residence by surprise. Based on the national Weather Service, more than 7 inches of rain was measured in Vestavia Hills, while other locations in the area reported 5 – 6 inches of rain.
1. No one is safe. – People outside of high-risk areas file nearly 25% of National Flood
3. Can I purchase Flood Policy in Birmingham? – If you live in a community that participates in the NFIP, you can get flood
4. How much coverage is allowed by the NFIP? – Residential homes structure limit is $250,000, and content is limited to $100,000. Business Structure limit is $500,000 and $500,000 limit for business content. Renters Contents limit is $100,000.
Yes, provided that, if confined to your property, the flood water covers at least two acres. A general condition of flood also exists if two properties are affected, one of which is yours.
6. What are Flood Zones? – Flood zones are land areas identified by the FEMA. Each flood zone describes that land area in terms of its risk of flooding. Everyone lives in a flood zone-it’s just a question of whether you live in a low, moderate, or high risk area.
7. What is covered in my basement? – Flood